Saturday, January 16, 2010

Meet Big n' Fluffy



I was digging around in the boys' closet yesterday, and I found an extra big, extra fluffy pillow. Big and fluffy is a good thing for pillows. It's not a good thing when it's taking up tons of space in an already packed closet! Big n' Fluffy has been in hiding because it had no cover. I figured I could clear out a little bit of fabric and closet space by making a pillow cover and putting that mass of squishy, feathery goodness onto my couch. This is what I did:

Disclaimer: The tree with scrappy leaves design is not mine. I've seen it somewhere before, but I cant find it at the moment. 



I cut out the leaf and trunk shapes from various fabrics in my stash. (The trunk used to be part of my viking Halloween costume!) I then used a washable kid's glue stick to stick everything in place.





I used some micro fleece as a backing, then stitched around each piece about 1/8" from the edge. I threw it in the washer and dryer to fray the edges. I finished off the cover by using two overlapping pieces of the main fabric to make a quick sham back





Here's Big n' Fluffy chillaxin' with his new buddies.


0 comments: