Friday, February 19, 2010

Spring is Springing!

If you live in Canada, New England, the Midwest or anywhere in Northern Europe, you are going to hate me for this! It's the middle of February, and in the lovely San Fransisco Bay Area, Spring is upon us. The birds are singing, the flowers are blooming , and my flip-flops are out of hibernation! My container garden is also off to a good start.

My zucchini plant is soaking up the sunshine. Yellow squash and green onions are planted as well. 
Early Girls, Brandy Wines, Japanese Eggplant, Bell Pepper, Cilantro, Italian Parsley, and Basil are still in their seed starting trays, but they are outside during the day. 
Butter Lettuce, Green Beans, and Wax Beans will be started outside, once I finish my planter boxes.

Our Calamansi tree is loaded with blossoms and itty bitty fruit.

A humming bird built her nest in our tree! It's sooo tiny and cute!

Did I mention the flowers were blooming?

0 comments: