Wednesday, January 28, 2009

25 things to get to know me better!



I am going to challenge all you fellow bloggers to take this survey and post it to your blog! You can either put the names of people you want to do it at the bottom, or just challenge all of your readers like I am doing. Please cut and paste this to your blog and fill in your own awnsers! Then make sure you leave me a comment so I can go to your blog and learn more about you!!

1. Where do you fall in your family?: I am the middle child! Blech! I vowed to never have 3 kids for that reason.
2. What motivates you to blog?: My husband is tired of hearing me say, "Look! Look! Look! Look what I made!" Now I can brag online..to complete strangers. Something that would be completely inappropriate in real life.
3. What is your current WIP (work in progress)?: Our family history book on Ancestry.com, Jayson's Birthday party stuff.
4. What are you watching/ listening to right now?: I am listening to hubby shoot and blow up stuff on the computer next to me.
5. What was the last thing you cooked?: Ginisang Munggo!
6. What was the last thing you read that wasnt online?: I am in the middle of the Vogue Sewing book. Yes, I am reading a sewing technique guide like it's a novel.
7. Who is your best friend?: My sister. We get more alike every day. It's frightening.
8. When was the last time you had your hair cut/styled/colored?: Maybe a month ago. We went to the beauty college. 3 haircuts for $21. Heck Yeah!
9. name 3 things you did today or 3 places you went: I did not go anywhere today! But I did take pictures of paper balls and food, do laundry and play outside with my boys.
10. What is your favorate food and favorate drink?: Sushi and Diet Pepsi. I think the chemicals in the Diet Pepsi kill the bacteria in the raw fish. So, I'm good....right?
11. What would you like to be doing right now?: Watching Superstars of Dance. I will, once I send that kid to bed.
12. Name 2 bad habits you have: Diet Pepsi consumption. Looking like a total bum when I'm at home: Crazy hair, no make-up, yoga pants...
13. If you could have any job in the world, what would it be?: I would love to be a designer of all things. I went to school for it but never finished :( I am still working on it though. (not the school, the designing.)
14. What are 3 of your favorate movies?: Chicago, Napoleon Dynamite, Monty Python and the Holy Grail.
15. What was your nickname as a kid or your nickname now?: Just "Nic" I guess, only used by my dad and my friend, Dan.
16. Name 2 goals you have for the year: To actually be selling stuff regularly on Etsy, and to get my house decorated!
17. Where would you go on a dream vacation?: I have been on my dream vacation. I went to Italy for 3 weeks in 2005. I would also like to visit the Azores (the gorgeous land of my ancestors) and Japan.
18. What did you DO in high school?: Um, A LOT. I was editor of the school newspaper and the yearbook. I was a cheerleader. I was in drama. I also took lots of crafts classes.
19. Name something most people dont know about you: I am a belly dancer!
20. Would you rather call or text?: Um email. I am a SLOOOOW text-er and not much of a phone talker.
21. Name a regret: Taking out a $25,000 loan to go to a fancy design school.
22. Quick, check your phone, who is the 3rd to last person you talked to?: I'll just guess that it was the lady who bought my rocking chair off of Craig's List.
23. Whats your favorate type of icecream?: Ben and Jerry's Uncanny Cashew. But, I don't think they even have it anymore. A close second would be Ube Macapuno (taro and coconut).
24. If you could receive anything in the mail, what would it be?: Um, a check for a bazillion dollars...
25. What was the last thing you purchased?: Groceries. Woo-Hooooo!

2 comments:

Josie said...

I found myself laughing multiple times through this! great job!!!

Kylie's Mom said...

*Gasp*...I read sewing books like novels, too! I bring home stacks of them at a time from the library...and my husband asks, "Don't you know how to do that already?" lol. Why yes, I do :D .