Friday, January 30, 2009

Do me a favor.



These are the lovely party favors I made for Jayson's party. I had planned on buying some of those cute little Chinese take out style boxes. But it turns out that I am incredibly cheap. I am actually, physically incapable of paying $27 for party favor boxes for a 3 year old's birthday party. Yeah $27 for just the boxes...let me just write you a check out of my invisible checkbook...

I decided to make the little bags myself out of the left over scrapbook paper from the Balls of Fury. I found a template online, adjusted it to fit my little bottles of party bubbles, and went to work. I printed little monsters on the paper first and then cut out the bags. A stamp would have been easier and cuter, but guess what... there were no monster stamps at Michael's and it was too late to order one online. Besides, I don't think a bunch of preschoolers will care.

I used hot glue to put the bags together and punched a hole in the top; finishing them off with a cute ribbon. Take that, overpriced miniature takeout boxes!


Materials:
1/3 pack of scrapbook paper- $2
24 pack of party bubbles- $7
2 rolls of ribbon- $4

Total cost: $13 for 24 favors

1 comments:

Jerri said...

Totally cute idea!