Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Just Wing It!




My hubby loves hot wings. I mean REALLY loves hot wings. Like buy wings by the 15 pound bag, and Frank's Red Hot Sauce by the gallon..just for himself, loves wings.
I can't stand the things. But, I make them anyways, because I am the best wife ever.

Since wings are consumed in such large quantities around here, I came up with an easy way to make them. Five pounds at a time.

Recipe:

Massive bottle of Frank's Red Hot Sauce
Chicken wings. I can fit 5 lbs in my slow cooker.

Dump wings in slow cooker. Pour hot sauce over, making sure to coat all the wings. They don't need to be submerged, but there should be some sauce on every wing. You can give them a quick stir for more even sauce distribution, if that kind of thing makes you happy.

Set your slow cooker to high for at least the first hour. After that you can turn it down. If you leave it on high, your wings should be done in 2 1/2 to 3 hours. They are done when the meat starts peeling back from the bones.

After your wings are cooked, remove them from the slow cooker with a slotted spoon and toss them on to a pan suitable for broiling. Now, as you may have guessed, we are going to pop them under the broiler for a few minutes. When they look a bit dryer and less like a gloppy mess, they are done.




For those of you who thought I might be exaggerating when I said that we buy Frank's Red Hot Sauce by the gallon...

0 comments: